Formalities – Need to know

In the “one stop shop”, our Welcome Center in the municipal office of Enschede, we will register your employee with the Register of Basic Registration Persons (BRP). This is where he or she obtains a citizen Service number (BSN).

In addition, consider:

  • Opening a local bank account
  • Arrange health insurance
  • Register with a General Practioner (GP)
  • Applications for water, gas and electricity, telecom and Internet

Formalities – Nice to know

After the first, most important formalities (see ‘ Need to know ‘) one can arrange other things later, such as:

  • Request DigiD
  • Register with a dentist
  • Convert driver’s license
  • Education/Childcare (see also ‘ education ‘)


International School Twente (ISTwente) is the International school in the East of the Netherlands, where personal attention is paramount. Based in Enschede, with a Primary and Secondary school for pupils aged 4 to 18. ISTwente offers education to over 140 pupils of more than 25 different nationalities. As a community school they organise various activities. Both in school and outside.

The quality of education is as you can expect from an international school. The school offers internationally recognized educational programmes: The Primary school follows the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) and the Secondary school the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP). No child is the same, so the curriculum and support are tailor-made. Tailored to the level and needs of the child.

Living space

A pleasant home contributes to your employee feeling at home as quickly as possible. Upon arrival in the Netherlands, offering temporary housing is a good solution. Expat Center Relocation Service is here to assist you and find permanent housing. Please contact us for the possibilities.

For temporary and permanent housing we work together with: HousingXL, Villapark Eureka, Resort Hotel Bad Boekelo, Short Stay Enschede and Twents Vast.


The Toolbox for HR-Consultants is in Dutch and English. You will find detailed pages in the fully English section.

Do you have any questions? Of course we are happy to speak to you personally, in Dutch. You can reach us by calling + 31 (0) 74 2503325, sending an email to or fill in the contact form.